Monday, May 6, 2013

Strawberry Balsamic Crumble Pie

I love crumbles. The sweet fruit with the buttery topping is so good, but I always miss a bottom. I don't know what it is but if its baking and fruit filling it has to have a top and bottom for me. So I made a "crumble pie".

 
So here's what you need.
 
Preheat oven to 350*F
 
Filling:
2 cups strawberries
3 Tablespoons Demerara sugar
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
pinch cinnamon
 
Crumble:
1 Stick room temperature butter
3/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour (I used King Arthur's Multi-purpose Gluten Free)
1 Cup Gluten Free Oats (I used Bob's Red Mill -not quick cooking)
2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
 
Right before I started dinner I put the filling ingredients in a bowl to macerate. That way they got happy while I was cooking.
 
 
 
While my dinner was in the oven I made the crumble. For the crumble I put all the ingredients in the bowl and used a spatula to start working the butter into the dry ingredients. When almost fully incorporated switch to your hands.
Add your favorite non-stick like butter or coconut oil to a 9x9 baking dish.
Drop in half of the crumble and spread on bottom. Bake for fifteen minutes.
 
 
Then add the filling and top with the rest of the crumble. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
 
 
I must warn you my husband and I almost finished the whole thing in one day. It is one of my new favorite desserts.
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment